Spurdomarket is a Finnish darknet market created to meet the demand for illicit products that went unanswered after the closing of its predecessor, the Finnish Sipulimarket. The site claims to be #1 on the darkweb, but it is a Finnish-only darknet market that only allows for shipping to Finland.
Vendors on Spurdomarket claim to offer a variety of illegal drugs, including, but not limited to:
- MDMA (Ecstasy/Molly)
Privacy & Security
While an exclusively local focus may initially seem to be a drawback for a deepweb site, in Spurdomarket’s case, its Finnish design has, instead, done a little to lend the site an air of credibility. Spurdomarket’s inaccessibility serves as a barrier to entry for untrustworthy users. For serious buyers and sellers, it’s a great inconvenience to have to go through the extra steps to translate the site.
Spurdomarket can only be accessed via the TOR browser, and the site attempts to safeguards its users’ privacy by employing an escrow system for finalizing transactions. Users’ funds are stored by Spurdomarket; only when finalizing a sale or a purchase does Spurdomarket move funds from purchasers to vendors. This system does little to minimize the risk of fraud or preserve anonymity, while giving the site full control over users’ funds.
As with all darkweb sites, it is essential users take steps to maintain anonymity. When visiting the Spurdomarket darknet market as well as other darkweb sites, make sure to practice the following guidelines:
- Only use the TOR browser and only use it for deepweb browsing.
- Have a dedicated system for your deepweb activities.
- Only store your PGP keys on your dedicated system.
- Only install the necessary software on your dedicated system.
- Never use your dedicated system for regular internet browsing activities.
- Consider running a secure OS on your dedicated system, such as Tails or Whonix.
- Use a VPN.
Products are sorted into categories for convenient browsing. Not all listings have photos of the products offered, and users can only review certain vendor details, which may not be sufficient to leave an impression of trustworthiness.
Regardless of what’s being purchased, the purchasing process is as follows:
- Buyer places an order for the item.
- Sellers mark the item as having been shipped within 72 hours of the order placement, otherwise, the order is automatically canceled.
- In the event of unforeseen delays, it is up to the buyer’s discretion whether they decide to extend the completion window for the delivery.
- Once delivery has been completed, the transaction is finalized.
For complaints and disputes, buyers must initiate their disputes within 14 days of their order placement, after which time any undisputed orders are automatically finalized. All dispute resolutions adhere to Spurdomarket’s own policy, rather than any policy of vendors on the darknet market.
While Spurdomarket is potentially a viable darknet market, after checking out a few reviews, it is, nonetheless, somewhat dubious. Reviews of Spurdomarket on private forums indicate that it accepts cryptocurrency as payment for orders, but orders are not always sent by vendors, and the site is allegedly fraudulent. Leave your feedback on the store in the comments.